Psssst Guess What????

Monday, September 29, 2008

I made it to week 4 of the Bad Girls Top Designer Contest!!!!!!! But wait that's not really my big announcement.....Sunday October 7th is World Card Making Day!!!
World Card Making Day began in 2006 as National Card Making Day. Founded by Paper Crafts magazine in an effort to bring card makers together at the busiest card-making season of the year, it was first held on October 7, 2006. The initial celebration involved the Paper Crafts magazine audience only; however, due to the positive response it received and the worldwide popularity of card making, Paper Crafts recognized the need to expand, and the holiday transformed into World Card Making Day.Now in its second year, World Card Making Day has been expanded to include a dedicated web site http://www.worldcardmakingday.com/; a wider, more inclusive level of sponsorship; and a marketing campaign designed to get the word out at the grassroots level. These steps were taken in hopes of uniting the card-making community (hobbyists, retailers, manufacturers, and more) and celebrating the connection and creativity that is at the heart of card making.
So in honor of World Card Making Day I'll begin on Wednesday with my first ever card challenge! I'm excited are you??? Check here Weds morning at 6:30 am pacific time for my challenge and post your creation by midnight Oct 1st to win a small prize from me. Then continue to visit my blog til World Making Card Day, Sunday October 7th for a different challenge or technique post related to Card Making. I want you to have fun and send your cards to a friend or loved one during this time to celebrate and on Sunday Oct 7th I'd like all who are interested to post here if you'd like to exchange cards with another poster, make a surprise friendship card and then I will assign partners and send you their addresses after you email me yours at shemainesmith@yahoo.com Pls title your email World Card Making Day Friendship Exchange.
Let's celebrate together and brighten someones day with an awesome card!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats lady!
Also, check the scrapping out loud blog. You won Sept's RAK!
Email your addy to me
snofairy(at)gmail{dot}com

Shemaine Smith said...

kinda bummed I got no interest in the Card Making Day post but I understand people are busy. I made some cards and will post them later.

 
site design by designer blogs