Sunday, September 14, 2008


This is the last time I'm going to do a challenge the day it's due...My HP photo printer froze and I had to reboot my computer to get my layout photo uploaded for the challenge and I did not make the 7:00 pm cut off time.This weeks challenge was to scrap your fears. When I discovered the lump in the back of my arm in Jan of 2005 a fear immediately grew inside of me. Comeing face to face with that fear when i was diagnosed with cancer was one of the most frightening experiences in my life. At the time I was datingmy husband and being a single mom to my son Scott. The fear that took over was that I would not be there for my son. Now 3 years later I still live with that fear even though I've overcome the cancer and am healthy. But there is now a new fear inside me that my cancer could return. I chase that fear far away from my life now because I know I am stronger now. So missing the deadline is ok because I feel good about finally scrapping that chapter of my life and the Design Experiment challenges are weekly, so there's always next week!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Beautiful layout!

Karla Smith said...

This is such a Beautiful LO.. I am so touched by your Story...of Courage.. Also loved your LO for the Class 1 for TD... I know I am excited for the next Class.
Thank you for your Sweet comments on my LO...
I see we are Neighbors...Glad to meet you..

This N That said...

What a bittersweet page. great layout, but i wish you had never had to face this fear. Good post.

 
site design by designer blogs