Unity Addicts...Whoa it's Wednesday already!!!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009


Self discovery is an amazing thing. I am so fortunate to have made so many friends in the blogging and scrapping community that speak to me thru their work and blogs. Some peoples personal stories and struggles they share make me feel like I've been sleeping for a very long time and I am just getting started with my life and others have posts that hit me like I've been smacked in the back of the head with a rolled newspaper with someone yelling "Wake Up!" LOL

It's a true gift that we have this forum to communicate sucesses and failures and for self expression. If anyone from Blogger is out there reading my blog, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity to make lasting friendships and be inspired on a daily basis here.

I decide to add a little something to my blog every Wednesday called "What I learned today" This week's lesson is one that is so close to my heart and a real life struggle for me. I came across Katie Squire's blog, my scrappy fellow Bad Girl from Canada and was completely inspired by her layout and journaling of a very personal struggle. After reading your words today Katie, you taught me to love myself today. I haven't felt that I was worthy of my own love in a long time. Thank you for scrapping such a beautiful and deeply personal page to remind those of us that have forgotten the greatest lesson on all. You have to love yourself first. You can see Katie's amazing story and personal layout here.

Now onto this week's Unity Addicts challenge...This week's challenge is an inspiration challenge from Amy. It's this beautiful floral arrangement

Looks yummy huh! Here's my take on the challenge. My card actually opens and the inside is the Love is Just a word stamped image. I could not get it to stay open to snap a pic but my Unity peeps know the stamp.
Next up is my card for the Unity Sketch Challenge this week. Here's the sketch,
Here is my take and I totally interpreted this sketch in a groovy way! Can you tell my new favorite stamp from Unity? I got happy mail yesterday from Unity. My Hip Hop purchases arrived in time for this week's Hip Hop. Oh the detail! Love Love Love this one!! Not only do I love it for cards, it's a great size for scrapbooking too! Heck I may scrap a page just like this card. How cute would that be?? It's called Patchwork Petals. You can check it out here at the Unity shopping site and the other new releases too!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lisa Hetrick said...

Hey Shemaine. Truly inspired by your blog post today. You are so dead on about how this forum/community has given pause to stop and think. Wake up as you said. It's amazing really. Love the idea of writing down what I've learned today. I think I'm going to start to do that.

Love the card. That flower is probably going to have to be added to my long list of "wants."

JazzyH said...

Greats good.
Great blog entry.

This N That said...

What a great take on that challenge!! Love it! You are so great!

 
site design by designer blogs