Scrappy Challenge Weekend!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Hope you had a great weekend, we sure did! There was no football watching HOORAY!!! My sweet hubby and I were just "happy together" We went out to a nice breakfast Sat and followed that with a trip to Toys r Us to spoil our little girl a bit with some educational toys. I wanted to get her the Elmo kitchen but apparently it's only avail online so we got her some blocks because she's really into stacking things and a nice board puzzle to teach her shapes. Oh and we finally got her a little chair just for her that she loves. Here's a few pics of her playing with her new things.




After Toy's R Us I went off to Michaels for glue dots and a white pen and of course I got more than I went for and then some. Mat and I spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out together and it was so fun. Saturday evening we watched Friday the 13th in 3D. He picked it up at Best Buy while I was at Micheals and I was cracking up at him with 3D glasses on. He just looked SO kooky!
Sunday was a day for Scrappin and lazin around the house. I got more projects than I expected done. I am really bad at waiting til the last day to complete challenges and often end up missing the deadlines to compete.
Here's a couple of projects I did get completed on time for this week's Hero Arts challenge Birthday Week. Of course I had to finish them after I lost the natural light so forgive the pics.
It was Birthday week and we had to create a birthday card, layout or project with one hero Arts Stamp. For my birthday card I cut a hole in the front and then cut a green piece of card stock with my Nestibilities scallop shaped die and then cut a circle in the center to layer. I used pop dots behind the circle to add dimension but you can't really tell from the photo. The owl and the flower stem are part of my new stamps.

I also submitted a layout for this challenge with some pics from Lily's 1st birthday. I feel awful that I am just now getting around to scrapping them. I used some paper from the All Kinds of Happy collection from Imaginisce. I also used a few different stamps by Hero Arts and the Birthday sentiment is Unity.
For this layout I used the paper from my October kit I purchased when I joined Paper Posies. I knew I wanted to cut out this owl when I saw it on the card stock.
Stay tuned for Scrapping Out Loud's Tuesday challenge. We've got another awesome RAK up for grabs so come play along with us!

5 comments:

Simply Jessabells said...

I love the owls, so cute!!!

Julia said...

Awww, sounds like a great weekend. She is getting so big! I can't believe that, she was just an itty bitty thing when I first met you online. Beautiful work too. I loove the last layout with the owl, very cool.

Flair Girl said...

Love the layouts! Great job. Oh-and I just saw the Elmo kitchen ON SALE yesterday at our Wal-Mart! It would probably be cheaper to have ME ship it to you!!!!

Pat said...

Great card & cute pages! Sounds like a great week-end.

Kristi B. said...

cute projects Shemaine! I love the weekends spent at home mixed with the perfect combo of family & scrap time. :o) I had a nice relaxing weekend too. I got 2 layouts done...woo-hoo! :o)

 
site design by designer blogs