Absolutely honored!!!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Project 52 Blinkie
I'm so excited to share with you that I was picked as Designer of the Week at Bad Girls Project 52's Blog! Cari Fennel posted an amazing project last week anI was inspired to make my own banner with a quote to inspire me in my own studio. Here's Cari's project


And her challenge : What is your message today? And where will you place it? It can be anything you wish.....

Here's what I created based on Cari's inspiration and message








I was inspired by Cari's project to create a banner to remind myself that it's ok to step outside of my comfort zone and reach within to find feeling in a project. It's my Dream to some day have my work recognized by the scrapbooking community and be published. I know I will fail more times than I will succeed but I think we learn more from our losses than our sucesses.

I wanted to create a banner but wasn't sure of my message so I started with a butterfly chipboard album. I also had some funky chipboard and fabulous Jenni Bowlin papers so I just let it evolve. Then I settled on the title DREAM and was looking online for inspirational quotes and came across the quote "dream big and dare to fail" It was perfect. Thanks to Cari for an awesome project and her amazing artwork which continues to inspire me.

Here's my prize!



A Bad Girl's projct 52 Blinkie with my name!!! Totally cool! Thanks so much to Wendy and the amazingly talented Bad Girl Designers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats hun! the banner looks AMAZING!!!

Beate said...

A Shemaine, it is so great and inspirational :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The banner is absolutly gorgeous! Love those big butterflies! THat is one cool blinkie too!!
Lou XX

Daniella said...

Congratulations Shemaine! Great job, and great blinkie!

Cindye Wile said...

How cool is that ... congrats. :) I LOVE your banner, it's gorgeous.

This N That said...

Congrats! Your banner is beautiful, as if you are capable of making anything NOT beautiful!

Pat said...

Congrats! And I love that banner!!

Sonda T said...

oh SNAP! That is so pretty! I think I'll have to make one for my studio when i get it. can't wait! This is gorgeous, Shemaine!! GREAT JOB!

 
site design by designer blogs