Hip Hop It's Thursday!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hip Hop hello! Thanks for making my blog a part of your day today. I really do appreciate the comments everyone leaves {they really do make me feel special}
So today I am thrilled to share a little altered project I created with Unity for the upcoming Scrapfest. I am so bummed I can't make it to this event but I know someday these types of trips are ones I'll look forward to when my lil chicks leave the nest. Speaking of chicks, check out my little chickadee in this layout I created on canvas!



Supplies: Websters paper, Journaling tags & Glitter Sparklers. Glimmer Mist and Glimmer screen, Prima flowers, Prima pearl swirl, Love My Tapes Fabric Tape, Wilton doily, American Crafts Thickers, canvas fabric and Martha Stewart butterfly punch. 
Sentiment reads: "Wherever you go, go with all your heart"

I used these sets from Unity on my project
Good times Vintage Banner

I picked up some light canvas fabric at Joann's and stamped the Banner images with brown Staz-On ink. I added some spritz's of glimmer mist the to banner to tie it in with mist on the canvas. The fabric tape was perfect for holding the banner pieces across the layout.

Next up is Brooke's blog. She got herself a sassy new haircut this week and I am sure she'll have a sassy little project for you today!

Next Blog

Don’t forget we’re chatting it up in the Unity Splitcoast Forum starting at 10AM central time. Come chat it up and win some prizes too!!

37 comments:

Kim Ross said...

Gorgeous layout! You did a beautiful job!

Celtica said...

wowwwwwwww your layout is really amazing ! i looooooove it!!! thanks for this great moment!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Shemaine,

What a beautiful dreamlike project this is!! I love the colors you used and the banner with it like this! I think this set is one of my fave to see, love those sentiments, the way they are written and those flowers look so pretty!!! You've used them gorgeously and what a wonderful photo there!!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Donna said...

Your layout is beautiful! Thanks

Angie Blom said...

WOW this is just stunning Shemaine. I love the colours and papers you used. Amazing stuff here!! XX

Jen E. said...

your layout is so pretty!

Lisa H. said...

stunning! sooo glad I just got some mists, I've got to try them. it makes such a statment on this beautiful page!

NoraAnne said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous! I just love it all! I just got this vintage banner set and I can't wait to use it! Love your inspiration :)

Lillian Child said...

I haven't tried working on canvas yet, but your project makes me want to give it a try! Fantastic! And what a darling photo!

Jingle said...

WOW!!! This is amazing! You did SUCH a fabulous job with it!

Maria said...

Simply stunning! And oh so inspiring! Lately I have been using canvas and love it thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Gorgeous layout, omgosh! What a beautiful, beautiful picture of your girl and I love Websters pages-they're so whimsical and soft looking! Great sent too!

FibreJunky said...

How beautiful, Shemaine!! That is just gorgeous. What a fantastic use of both of those sets!

Lesley Langdon said...

Stunning Shemaine!!! Love all the beauty in this. :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is just gorgeous! Amazingly stunning! Love it.

lisa a.

Gwen said...

This is gorgeous, stunning work of art!

jennifer mitten said...

Wow!!!!This layout is amazing!

Salnclts said...

I love how you made your LO look like a painting!! It's beautiful! :)

Kelly Massman said...

OMGoodness! This is stunningly beautiful!

Pamela said...

BEAUTIFUL layout Shemaine!!! :)

Erika M. said...

Your layout is awesome!

Unknown said...

this is so amazing.

StampinCathy said...

This is beautiful. I just love the soft colors and the stamps you used. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy along the way.

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful page!

Rona said...

OH MY GOODNESS this is GORGEOUS!!! I didn't know I needed that banner until right this minute!! WOW I can't stop looking at this - love every fabulous detail here!!

Kelly Mahany said...

Words can't describe this amazing layout Shemaine!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for letting me get a glimpse of it!! Wow!! :-)

Kristi B. said...

I love the layout! I think I need the banner stamp set. hee-hee!

Ruby said...

This layout is just stunning Beautiful and what a wonderful keepsake.

Tina Mayo said...

very cute layout.loving the banner topo cute!

Tamdsgns said...

Love this! A must have Vintage banner is lovely!

Suzi said...

OMG, that is just beautiful!!! I have all the stuff to make an "art" piece like this but am too afraid to start....

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is just beautiful! STUNNING! As always:) Love visiting here!!

erin said...

This is gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Wowza!!!! Love what you do with mists!

Michelle said...

A BEAUTIFUL layout!!

Unknown said...

Wow... this is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

AllAmy said...

beautiful work- dreamy!

 
site design by designer blogs