Friends with Flair and other fun creations

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hello friends and thanks for stopping by today! Did you know Unity just released 3 new Scrapbook Sets! Oh yes they sure did and you can check them out over here at the Unity Stamp Blog.
Now for today's FWF post here's a peek at a couple cards I created for submissions that didn't make the cut. Now worries tho there is a new call open already and I'm busy creating for that one too! I have the mindset that I am just gonna keep on tryin!
One truth in life...nothing really means as much when it's given to you. It means so very much more when you work for it.
I really had fun creating with negative images left from using my Slice and working with fabric. It was something I had never tried before and I am pleased with the result.





Supplies: misc linen fabric, sentiment is Donna Downey for Unity Stamp Co from Create Today, Dragonfly & Wheat Fields Glimmer Mist, Patterned Paper is Imaginisce. I love love love this wood grain paper!




Here's another take on this Donna Downey set sentiment with some Pasta Fagioli from Jillibean Soup!

I hope you enjoy all the Friends with Flait eye candy today and have a fantastic weekend Unity Peeps!

Now for some more stampy fun...

Here's this week's sketch challenge #126 at Taylored Expressions


Supplies: Taylored Expressions Wings of Joy set, patterned paper: Cottage Christmas card stack from Imaginisce


19 comments:

Unknown said...

All such lovely cards! Beautiful layers, sentiments, and embellies. Love the flowers on the fabric - so sweet.

Unknown said...

Never too late for FwFF Shemaine! I always go by the list on SCS and so glad I did, 'cause your linen card is gorgeous! All of your cards are fantastic too! Have a great weekend!

Angie Blom said...

oh these cards are darling .. I just love the one using the linen.. amazing!!

Rachel B said...

There are all very lovely! I really like the flowers on fabric! Sorry they didn't make the cut, but hopefully this next call will be your lucky one!

Jingle said...

These are great cards!

Jennifer Roach said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Elisabeth said...

gorgeous,simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

beautiful, love them all.

Mary Friederichsen said...

You did a beautiiful job with all of these cards!
Thank you for sharing!

Lisa said...

Wowza!!! I love this!! The fabric is awesome!

Linda said...

All such lovely cards! Beautiful layers, all it so cute!

FibreJunky said...

gorgeous cards!! Really love that second card a lot. Hard to believe that they weren't picked up.

Anne Tussing said...

Wonderful cards! I would have accepted them:)

JenMarie said...

LOVE these!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Looks like you have been super busy! Love that blue ribbon--lush:) And I just love the one with linen! FUN!

Lori said...

These are lovely! The look of the images on fabric is fabulous.

Lisa H. said...

beautiful creations....LOVe that first one. thanks for bringing up the end of the hop, glad you were a part of it.

Wendy ten Hove said...

What beautiful cards you made here!! Love especially the second one, the fabulous sentiment and wonderful colors, wow, perfect!! But all three are amazing in lay-out and coloring!! Wonderful!!

Hugs, Wendy

Sandy Ang said...

What fun stamping - especially on fabric !

 
site design by designer blogs