Girl time is good

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hope your weekend is going good so far. We've been relaxing at home. It gets kinda crazy around our house during holidays with all the out of towners coming to the west side to beat the heat in the valley.
The beaches get totally crowded and are not fun to hang out at when it takes a long time to find a place to park and then you've got to walk around trying to find an open spot on the sand. I know I sound like a total party pooper but it's the truth. So we're happy to hang out and relax in our little town.
Yesterday I got a little girl time in with one of my besties Tami. We caught up at Rock Brews in El Segundo.



I actually enjoyed a glass of their St Louis Framboise and how cute it has a coordinating glass



As soon as we saw these on the menu we had to have one. The horse radish mustard was a bit much for me. Super Spicey!



Tami checkin her phone. No texting during girl time!



It was nice to catch up and have a little adult time. These days my companion is my toddler who keeps me quite busy.
Oh and a nice highlight to my weekend was waking up to an email from Cards magazine yesterday for a Submission request! My first ever and I am over the moon excited about a card I created being in February 2011 issue!

Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend so far!

2 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Shemaine!

What lovely stories about your girls day! Sounds great! And congratulations that you are being published!! That's wonderful and exciting!

Love, Wendy

erin said...

Congratulations Shemaine...that is awesome!
I will have my first U.S. pub toot in a bit:)

 
site design by designer blogs