More crafting with the October Paper Posies kit!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's a gloomy day this morning and Mat and I were awakened to a loud banging this morning coming from our back yard and looked out our bedroom window to see what was going on. Here's what we saw

Our fence was gone and there were workers in our yard busily tearing down the last remnants of the wood fence that once stood there. Funny, we hadn't gotten a call from our manager telling us that anyone would be needing to get in our back yard this morning. After further investigation it seems the new owner of the building pictured decided the fence needed to be replaced.
We've only been here two months but we had discussed the fence and how it was leaning and what we were going to do. What a blessing that it's being replaced this morning. Here's what it looks like right now

I'm excited to see the end result! We have some plans to plant some flowers and I am looking for a Lilac tree like the one we had in our front yard when I was a kid. I think once this is finished we'll be ready to get it fixed up for lots of backyard BBQ's next summer.

So now onto some crafty things. I made these cards last night with my October Paper Posies kit while watching the Yankees and the Twins battle it out. So far the playoff games have been exciting and I can hardly wait to see if my Dodgers can shut out the Cardinals this afternoon.

Hello...I used paper from Jillibean Soup and October Afternoon. Jenni Bowlin sticker letters, Doodlebug bling and Prima Flower.

For this Harvest card I used more yummy October Afternoon and a Basic Grey Bling it.
I'm working on a few layouts I'll show you later. I am feeling a little better today thanks to cold medicine and a good nights sleep. Hope you have a crafty weekend!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cute cute cards! And can't wait to see the finished fence!

Juls said...

great cards!! Love the first one its gorgeous love the ribbon detail is fab!! and the blinged pumpkin is just fab!!

Stacy said...

Great cards! I love the fall colors and the paper is sooo yummy!

Dora said...

The cards are gorgeous, and I think I totally scared when I heard the noise and saw they breaking the fence, but when you already thought what to do about it...be glad you don't have to do it and it will be done;)

~amy~ said...

Oh I LOVE your cards!!!

 
site design by designer blogs