Albums Made Easy Monday

Monday, February 24, 2014

Hello friends. Thanks for joining me for another Albums Made Easy Monday. Today I have 2 new tips to share with you. Last week we talked about using the 3x4 punch to make your own AME inserts. 

Here's where we left off.



 photo AMEFeb17-1.jpg



And here's the finished layout 


 photo AMEFeb24.jpg

I ended up switching out the left 3x4 card and used a few coordinating embellishments from the Game Day collection and some fun football brads from Eyelet Outlet to finish my page. I also used the We R label punch.

My first tip is for using die cuts or embellishments that have a shiny texture like the thought bubble I used above. How many times do you go to journal in them and the ink doesn't dry and you smear it? I do know that Sharpie also has fine point markers but sometimes you don't have one on hand. Since I typically use the ZIG Millenium .08 to journal with I found that if you sprinkle clear embossing powder over the ink and heat emboss it your problem is solved.

 photo AMEFeb24a.jpg

Now onto tip #2
I don't always like my journaling to be visible in my layouts so I try to find clever ways to hide it. Here's a tip for hiding your journaling on a 4x6 AME insert.

 photo AMEFeb24b.jpg

I created several layers, including some glitter tape to enhance my insert. Then I used a craft knife to cut a slit just about the green football strips that would fit my Unity Stamp Co. Library card image.

Then I journaled on the card and slid it into the insert so that only the top is showing.

 photo AMEFeb24c.jpg

Here's a view of the back.

Now for last week's winner of the Game Day sample pack!

Regina Hamilton said...
I've been thinking about these albums for awhile, but never purchased them. I really need to give theses a try, maybe then I'll get some of my pictures out of the boxes their in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for picking me as the winner. I just emailed my mailing info to you. Thanks again. Regina

 
site design by designer blogs