Mini Road Trip

Monday, November 10, 2008

Got back from a mini trip up the central coast to Soledad to visit my Grandma. I grew up on the Central Coast in Atascadero and lived in Templeton and Paso Robles as well. It's a nice place to live but I really am a city girl at heart. I just love being 20 mins from a Dodger game or a Kings game or concert at the Staples Center. I also love being 10 mins from relaxing or walking the beaches here in So Cal. Since my flew down to stay with us while Mat is away she asked if we could take a drive up the coast to see her mom. I feel bad that Mom doesn't get to see her mom now that they moved to Arkansas and I know how much she misses her because I miss my mom so much. We drove up Friday afternoon, just us girls since Scott was at his dads for the weekend. We spent the night in Paso Robles at the Holiday Inn Express after picking up my mom's nephew Pauly. I snapped these pics of Lily before we checked out Sat am.




Ok is this not totally funny! Seriously tho my daughter sucks her fingers and puts her index finger up her nose. I found out that my sister in law also did the same thing so apparently it runs in the family LOL...

So...we left Paso Robles and headed to my mom's Uncle Clarence's place where grandma is staying in Soledad while she looks for her own place. Every year he gets these huge pumpkins and Lily thought they were pretty big too.



Soledad uis a really small town just north of King City so there were only 2 motels in town and neither we that spiffy but we managed. I tell you tho being without the internet for the weekend was tough. I never realized how addicted to Blog surfing I have become. Lily was able to amuse herself by climbing in the drawers of the dresser in our room. It was pretty funny, she open and close them all and then climb in. She really is our little monkey.



We spent Sat night there and had breakfast with grandma Sunday morning and headed back to Paso Robles. It's all farm land out there in Soledad and the colors are so beautiful I snapped this pic as we were driving down Hwy 101.



We took Paulie home to Paso Robles after spending Fri thru Sunday with us and then decided to take Hwy 101 home. We hadn't driven along the beach back to Los Angeles for a long time. On the way we decided to stop by our old house in Templeton. We moved here after my dad married my step mom when I was in High School. I was so thankful they didn't that my dad make me change schools when we moved into this house. My step mom whom I call mom and is the same mom that is visiting me, drove me every morning to school in Atascadero. We lived on Oak Knoll so I snapped a pic of our street sign. We were pretty suprised to see the place we once called home this shabby. My dad would be so bummed if he saw the lawn and landscaping that messy but it was great to drive by. I remember walking up that walkway so many nights after a date and my mom being in the kitchen window so we couldn't steal a goodnite kiss LOL. My grandparents are buried in the cemetary up the street from here. They used to own a trailer house in the Senior park down the street from us. it was nice having them close by and we'd spend summers swimming in the pool there. Fun times!



I used to play in this park with my younger brother and sister. It was nice to see it still maintained well unlike our old home.

The drive to San Luis was beautiful and I got a couple pics of the rolling hills and trees from the car.


As we passed thru Atascadero I wanted to drive by my old High School since I was unbable to make my 20 year reunion in July. It was the same weekend as my daughter's first birthday. Here's a shot taken at the front entrance. Not much had really changed to be honest tho the front lawn is now concrete.


We took our time and stopped to eat and let Lily stretch her little legs. It was a nice trip but I must admit I am glad to be back with all the comforts of home. When we were leaving Solvang I took this picture of the sunset. It was so beautiful!

So I spent Monday recouping from being in the car most of yesterday and I am soooo ready to scrap. I have a couple of projects on my list if to do's so tmr I'll be posting artwork.

Of course when I got home I started blog hopping as usual and came across some AWESOME blog candy over at Bootiful Stampz http://bootifulstampz.blogspot.com/. I was really impressed with this blog and so happy i found my way there by way of Katie at Paper makeup http://papermakeup.blogspot.com/ . Katie's cards are super cute just like her so check out her blog too! And a few more treats I came across...
http://youwantthecookie.blogspot.com/ head over there and wish Lara Happy Birthday! What a classy gal to be giving on her birthday!
Another great blog I discover is giving away some goodies here http://www.iheartpapers.com/
And finally for tonight check out the blog candy over here, I love the penguins!!http://creativeantics.blogspot.com/2008/11/christmas-candy.html

If you notice, all the pictures of my beautiful daughter I posted here are for my husband who is still in New York on business. We miss him so much and he checks my blog for pics of his little girl whom he misses very much. I love you babe and can't wait to see you Friday!



































2 comments:

Beate said...

I'm so happy you had fun on your road trip down Memory Lane! Lily is getting so big! How do our little munchkins grow so fast?

Denise said...

Great pics...thanks for sharing! Hey I love penguins too, thanks for the links!

 
site design by designer blogs