At the heart of everything is family

Thursday, November 27, 2008


I found this picture in a scrapbook my Grandma Bonnie made for me a few years ago. I had decided awhile ago that I was going to start scrapping my old photos but I just haven't gotten around to it. I finally pulled this one out to scrap two nights ago. My DH said that my dad looks like Jerry Garcia. I really don't see it, I just think we all including me at 3, look goofy.
I hope your all having a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and friends. To me family is the most important thing we have in this world. I know I enjoy giving thanks for all I have but most important for my family. We all have different types of family, some are step parents, mother and father in laws, brothers and sisters. It doesn't matter what your situation is but more importantly the unconditional love that you share for each other. Sadly my mother and father split up when I was very small and my mom met her second husband pictured above with her and my grandmother. I was so lucky that he loved me like his own daughter. He's the only dad I have ever known and it was hard when my real father passed away when I was only 7 but I was even luckier to still have my dad Glenn there for me. When he and my mother divorced when I was 13 it was really hard on me. Over time tho we got stronger as a family and my dad remarried an amazing lady. She became my mom and loved me unconditionally. I grew to respect and love her just as I would my own mom. Sure it's a strange situation and not the traditional family most people have. Families situations change and it's the kids that can't change that, they just have to ride it out trusting that their parents are trying to do what's best for them. I know both my parents have always done what's best for me. My dad Glenn and my step mom Lori both love me unconditionally and it doesn't matter that neither of them are my biological parents. We are a family and that is what I am most thankful for today...

1 comment:

Beate said...

Shemaine, that layout is AMAZING!!! It's is absolutely perfect.

 
site design by designer blogs