What I love about Sundays and a tip on how to re-use what you have

Sunday, March 7, 2010


It's no secret that my favorite thing to do on Sundays is craft. It all starts with a trip to Michaels and from there it's all about whatever inspires me. The store is loaded with Easter and Spring decor right now and I love to decorate my home for my family and they enjoy it too.
When I was dating my husband he revealed to me on our honeymoon how much he enjoyed coming over to my apartment during the holidays just to see what I'd come up with for decorations. He said that this was one of the qualities he loved about me and my creativity.
Thanks for that babe xxoo...
So anyway, I was inspired to turn some pussy willows into an Easter decoration. It's still a work on progress but here's a little peek...


Here's a quick basket I put together and a little trick to bring your goodies to the top of your baskets. Use packing peanuts to fill your basket or newspaper and then spread decorative grass over the top to cover and then just add your goodies. Super easy. I actually keep packing peanuts under my bed lol. Guess they finally came in handy.


Now on to a great tip I want to share with you today.

I was disappointed at Micheals earlier today when I couldn't find some glitter chipboard that Making Memories makes and I was going to head over to the other Michaels near my house when it occurred to me that I had lots of chipboard and glitter at home. So my wheels started spinning and I remembered that my friend Heidi had given me some chipboard awhile back that I wasn't able to use because the color scheme.


So then I thought, maybe I can peel off the printed patter and alter it without having to paint it. Sometimes I want to whip up a project fast, you know what I mean :) I mean we all like to be able to create something in an hour or less...

So I peeled the patterned paper off easily and had bare chipboard

Next I found some craft bond in my stash that I could quickly spray on instead of having to use liquid glue. I've found that this spray is he best adhesive for glitter because it doesn't clump or hold too much glitter on your project

You just sprinkle on your glitter and shake the paper to even the glitter and then tap off the excess. You do get a bit of sticky on your fingers but that's all fair in love and glitter right?

And voila! You've got re-purposed chipboard!

I can't wait to show you what I'm making using this chipboard but I'm not quite done yet!
Hope you have a crafty Sunday too! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Kristi B. said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. I can't wait to see what you are making with the glittered letters! :)

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Wow! Cool stuff! So creative. And how sweet of your dh to appreciate you that way!

Anonymous said...

love love love the glittered chipboard!!! wonderful!!! :) thanks for the tut!!

HeatherC said...

Okay, I am seriously going to scraplift this. This is awesome!

 
site design by designer blogs