Diggin on Doilies- a Moxie Fab Challenge

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I love the Moxie Fab blog and I visit it daily with my cup of morning Joe in hand. I love to read Cath's fantastic posts and get inspired by the go to gals and everyone that plays along with Cath's challenges.
Earlier this week I discovered a couple of containers I'd purchased in spring colors last year to hold my spring holiday decor had gotten water in them from our recent rain storms and ruined all of my Easter and St Patty's decorations. I was beyond heart broken because they weren't just decorations, they were memories too. So when Sunday came I decided to head off to Michaels for a bit of crafty retail therapy and came home with an idea in my head based on Cath's Diggin Doilies and Lace Challenge. Here's what I spent the afternoon creating


Remember my earlier post about re-using what you have already?

Well here's what I was re-purposing that Anna Griffin chipboard letters for. A new and fresh Easter banner.

It's super hard to photograph Banners and I will try again if I get better light tmr for sure. The chipboard flower book was .50cents, Prima flowers were on sale for 2.39 and the doilies for 1.99 for a package of 25. I also used some American Crafts pattern paper behind the letters that I ran thru my Cuttlebug and then inked with Ranger distress inks. I added the 2 Easter sprays with the cutest blue bunnies that cost 1.99 each to the ends and twisted the stems so I could use them as the hangers for the banner. I thought about spraying the doilies with another shade of Glimmer Mist like I did the chipboard but decided leaving them white made them stand out more and look authentic.
And the glue that held it all together... Tombow MONO AQUA Liquid Glue of course! It's the best for altered projects! I got this fab prize pack from Joanna when I was a Guest Designer on the Tombow blog. It was loaded with lots of goodies including their liquid glue.

So that's my take on the Moxie Fab challenge. Thanks for stopping by today to take a look.

11 comments:

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful. It is horrible to hear when things get ruined but you seem to have created some new memories. Great job.

Rachel D said...

So many fun details in this. :) Lovely!

Latisha said...

What a cool banner!!

~amy~ said...

bummer that your stuff was ruined but oh what fun your banner is!!

Rochelle Spears said...

Very nice Shemaine!! You are soo talented! :)

Vicki Bray said...

Wow this is fantastic! I have never tried anything like this - a little outside my comfort zone. Beautiful!

liszha said...

Super, super, super cute!

Kristi B. said...

This is awesome! I bet it looks even yummier in erson too. Great job! :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh this is just gorgeous!!!

And sorry to hear about your decorations -- but there will be new memories to make! Hugs! :)

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! Love the banner! Great details!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Shemaine! Thanks so much for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World!--and thanks for your sweet comments about my blog! :)

 
site design by designer blogs