Thank you for the music Micheal!!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This is my second post today, please scroll down for JBelle's Tuesday Sketch Challenge

Today is Micheal Jackson's memorial here in Los Angeles. It's being broadcast live from Staples Center and I've been watching it since it started this morning. It's hard not to feel the sadness of losing such a talented singer and performer.
Micheal Jackson was bigger than life. Some of my best teenage memories were dancing to his music with my best friend Tiffany Selby in her amazing dance room. Thriller booming from the ceiling speakers and two girls sweating their pants off learning the choreography from the video.
Summer time trips to Santa Barbara with Smooth Criminal playing in my Sony Walkman {yes long before Ipods} I loved Micheal Jackson's music. It made me dance, smile and feel good about myself.
Micheal tried to share himself with us thru his music. He tryed to let the world in by writing Have you seen my childhood? He tried to explain Neverland and his eccentrics in this song about himself and asked us one thing...
Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
Look within your heart then ask,
Have you seen my Childhood?


Micheal wanted to heal the world with his music. The songs he sang were moving and powerful. He wrote this in Man in the Mirror...

As I turned up the collar on
A favorite winter coat
This wind is blowin' my mind
I see the kids in the street
With not enough to eat
Who am I to be blind
Pretending not to see their needs

Remember Micheal for his music, his love and the kindness he showed so many.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen,I also loved his music, he was such a huge part of my childhood. RIP Michael.

Melissa Bove said...

I LOVE MJ!!! I am so saddened by his death and still in shock!! He will be missed! The BEST Entertainer in the World!! RIP Michael!!

nerllybird said...

Shemaine, what a lovely tribute. I remember dancing to MJ's music too, and so does my son - there's nothing really to compare with it.

nerllybird said...

Oooh, and check out my blog cos I've left you something! x

Ramona said...

& remember him because he was a good daddy! I first "met" Michael J when I was at school one day and our teacher played, "I'll be there." and told us we could do anything we want with our lives. He was our same age. Then as years went by, I became a Christian. I have prayed consistently for him ever since. He became a part of me in a different way. Now I will pray for his children.

 
site design by designer blogs