New Sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You

Monday, August 3, 2009

I've missed a few challenges at 2 Sketches 4 You but I woke up this morning with determination to get mine done on reveal day! I really love this blog and all the inspiration I find here week after week. These ladies really push me to step up my game when I can complete a challenge and I greatly appreciate the encouragement I find here.

Here's Kazan's beautiful sketch for this week's challenge

And my take on the sketch

I loved this ribbon I got from Sonja's Scrap Spot and wanted to make a big bow on my card since this week's prize is from May Arts. I've been trying to improve my water coloring skills and have been using my pencils more and more on my stamped images. I also love this stamp from Unity's Hodge Podge of Happiness set that released in July. I added some pearls to keep the theme of the card soft and feminine.

Here's a closer look
Post your cards for this week's challenge by Saturday evening at midnight (Mountain time) at 2 Sketches and spend some time leaving some love for the other entries. I really enjoy the variety we have from other participants week after week.
Thanks for stopping by and have a scrappy day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for your sweet words :) I LOVE that huge bow and the detail on the brollie (short for umbrella) is just darling.
Thanks for playing along on reveal day.
:) Kazan

Kim Sonksen said...

Shemaine, your card is super sweet. I adore that image and the bow just sets the card off perfectly

Thanks for playing with us at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

papertrails leaver said...

Couldn't agree more with the sentimnet. Not a rain fan but know we need it. Your stamping and filling in is fab! Very cute card!

EMTsweeetie said...

Your card is beautiful! I love that bow and that stamp is way cute. Btw..its so nice to see a local blogger :) I drive by LAX everyday!! I live in La Palma..next time we stay up late I'll know you and your husband are up too :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun big bow and good job paper piecing. Way to rock the sketch challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

cnelson said...

cuter than cute! your piecing is perfect and that bow is fabulous!

Unknown said...

OMG...look at that FABULOUS bow!!
Love your card...so beautiful!!

Tutu Crafts said...

I really love what you did to your stamped image, how you made the umbrella pop. The coloring is beautiful!

 
site design by designer blogs