Sunday scrappin!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

This weekend I have been participating over at Ready, Set ,Create's Crop! There are lots of great challenges and they've just extended the crop til Weds! Check it out here http://readysetcreate.com/



Challenge #1 was sketch challenge. I came up with this layout of my daughter and her first friend Sam snacking it up!

Next challenge was a Hybrid card challenge where you had to use a digital image and a traditional image. Here's my card




Challenge 3 was to create a layout using pictures as your background. No patterned or solid card stock could show.




Challenge 5 was about inspiration or hope. I chose to scrap a layout about my hope for a cure for cancer. I lost my dear friend Marcela and I miss her everyday. I still have her number in my cell phone and can't delete it. Someday we will find a cure!



So in addition to finishing these projects so far I also finished a baby girl mini album, 10 cards and am in the middle of a little boy mini album for the craft fair this Sat Oct 18th in El Segundo. This is my first ever craft fair and I am really looking forward to it. My father in law has helped me create a way to display my cards in a clothes line fashion to help make it easier for people to see them.


Challenge #5 Halloween Favor. I decided to make a little treat holder for Lily.



4 comments:

Callie said...

I love all the new pages! Especially the one with pictures all over it. What a great idea... it turned out great! I really like it! Wish I lived in your area and could attend your craft fair! I'm sure that you'll do great and have a blast.

Denise said...

Oh I love all the pages too! Wow, you create such awesome pages and you really show how much you put into your work! I'm sorry about your friend but I know she would love what you have done in her memory! Awesome stuff, Girl!

Jeanette said...

Hi!
I read about your blog on Melissa Frances blog, and was really touched about your story of your dear friend who died of cancer. Really sad story, but yet so 'good' to read about.

Nice to read that your story ended well, even though you lost your good friend.

Take care! Have a nice Sunday!

*Jeanette*

lori said...

i too read about your wonderful friend marcella on melissa frances' blog. what a wonderful tribute that you paid to her. she will live on through the memories that you have of her. thank you for sharing.
by the way... your work is amazing!

 
site design by designer blogs