Hey there peeps! Happy Earth day to all. Here's a little info about today:
Earth Day, celebrated April 22, is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It was founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in 1970 and is celebrated in many countries every year. This date is Spring in the Northern Hemisphere and Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.
The United Nations celebrates an Earth Day each year on the March equinox, which is often March 20, a tradition which was founded by peace activist John McConnell in 1969.
I never considered myself a green person but over the last year I've been trying to be more aware of what I can do to support the cause. Here's a list of things I've been doing to GO GREEN
1. I break down all cardboard from our home and recycle it ie: cereal boxes, fiber one bars etc that I used to just throw in the trash.
2. I re-use packaging to create cards and the plastic from Thickers for gift bags
3. I bought all green cleaning products
4. we recycle all cans and plastic and bottles and newspaper
5. we switched out light bulbs to energy savers
6. I bring my own shopping bags everywhere I go, thanks to my super huge bag from GCD I got at CHA I can now can carry all the vitamin waters in the house in one trip from the car. LOL
These are just a few things we're doing to be more green. I'd love to hear your going green tips so post them here until midnight pacific time and I'll draw a name tmr morning to win this fabulous stamp from Unity Stamp Co.
Now I challenge you to make a project today recycling something! Don't forget to leave a link so I can check it out!
Happy Earth Day!