The Red Lightning Tomatoes

Sunday, December 7, 2008



That's my son Scott with his hand on his head. Today was the 2nd round of play-offs for my son's soccer team The Red Lightning Tomatoes. yep, that's the team name and those boys came up with it all on their own. These boys have so much talent but learning to pass and talk to each other out on the field hasn't been their strong points this season til now. They came into the playoffs in 8th place and played the 9th place team yesterday to win 1-0. Today the parents were pretty sure we were going to be seeing the last game of the season because the boys were set to the play the 1st place team at 10:30 this morning. I'm SO glad I held onto hope that they could pull this out. I told my son before the game just do your best, well Scott did better than that. He and his team played like they were the 1st place team. They controlled the ball, the passed the ball and their defense dominated. Gilbert scored first in the 2nd quarter and that was all they needed. The rest of the game they continued to play amazing! They held on to shut out the other team 1-0 and what an upset! The 1st place team was eliminated by the 8th place team. I have never seen such a happier bunch of boys and parents. I'm so proud of my son, he's never played soccer before and to see him out there charging the ball and running hard to make key plays is just wonderful. So our next game is Wednsday night at 6 and I am really hoping these boys can take it all the way. Son, mom is SO proud of you!
Lily, cheering brother on!
Now for something scrappy! I made this card for Hero Arts blog. The challenge was to create a card in 15 minutes or less. I think ribbon always adds that extra flair to a scrapbook page or card. I loved this ribbon so much I went to Micheal's to get some more. Hope your Sunday is a scrappy one!

2 comments:

Jess said...

love the name of his soccer team..that is awesome! love that card also..gorgeous!

Denise said...

awwww, love the pic of your daughter watching the game! Awesome card!!!

 
site design by designer blogs