My take on the Apron Challenge for July

Tuesday, July 29, 2008






I know I talk about Bad Girls alot on my blog but I just love the kits and all the goodies Wendy finds for us to create with. I am learning so many great techniques from the designers and stretching myself farther than I thought I could artistically. I am seeing a shift in my normally "clean" scrapping to a more shabby chic-ish approach and I love it! I have always been a fan of inking and distressing paper but I never thought to roll it so I gave it a try in the Apron Challenge layout. I think it has just the right amount of embellies without going overboard. I'm especially proud of the leaves I made from ribbon for the flowers. When I got my add on kit called Pixie Playground the one thing that drew me in fast was the ribbon from Artsy-licious and the purple prima flowers. I couldn't wait to put them to use.


This month's challenge was "all about junking your page up as much as possible"






I was in such a scrapping mood I scrapped up 2 more pages with my July kit and the ideas just kept coming. The perfect photo's also help :) We had given a Lily a bath and a friend of mine had a phone conversation earlier that day about how much my daughter's hair has grown. I decided to mark the occasion and what better way then soaped up at bathtime!




And finally A Brother's Love was fun because I love the Say It In Crystals by Prima and as you can see they look great on a masculine layout as well. The photo frames that came with one of the add-on kits are fun and funky, I can't wait to use the angel wings for a layout with my Lily. I have an idea of her in this little ballet tutu I picked up for her but that's for later...

2 comments:

Julia said...

I loove loove all of those pages! They are all beautiful! :) Landon had that ducky tub when he was a baby too!!! We loved it!

Unknown said...

Great pages! I especially love the 1st Cake one! :) Can't wait to see more of your work! :) See ya on ShabbyChic!

 
site design by designer blogs