Hip Hop and another year older

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello friends! Thanks for hoppin by my blog today. There are changes coming to Unity. Good changes. Head over to the Unity Blog to see what Angela has posted today if you found your way here other than on the Hip Hop. You'll be inspired, I promise. Today's post is the kind of post I love from Angela. She opens her heart and let's it all out and there is wisdom to share and love. It's perfect! Go see :)

I have something personal of my own I want to share today. I turned another year older this week and I feel powerful. I really want to share this with my friends who are younger. I want to help you realized what took me so very long to realize. I want you to know that you are special. You are brave and you CAN fly! 
I say this because FINALLY at 41 I truly believe that. I FINALLY feel totally and completely comfortable in my skin, just the way I am right now. It's not ideally what I want for myself physically speaking but I look in the mirror and like what I see because I see my SOUL. I finally feel something I have not felt since I was 20. ACCEPTANCE and LOVE of MYSELF.

How did I get here? I found my passion...I found ART and it CHANGED me. And that is BEAUTIFUL. I don't worry of people like me, I am confident in who I am as a woman, mother and wife. I don't have to try so hard to feel accepted. I finally understand that the only person that has to accept me is myself.

I am sharing this with you because it brings me a sense of peace I have not felt in so long and I want you to find that same peace if you haven't yet. I hope you can find something that sets you free from all the things that have held you back in your life. I held myself back for so long because my soul was broken. I tried so hard to believe that I was worthy of so many things but I could not break free of my hurts, disappointments and anger.
I do not want to spend another year of my life with my soul in a cage. I finally figured out how to open the door and fly away. It feels SO good to FLY!
 
So today for Hip Hop I am sharing a layout I scrapped about how my art makes me feel.
For my layout I used paper from GCD Studios Soul Food and Marah Johnson's stamp set Art&Soul and I shared a few of my recent Unity stamps I have created with.

CLICK HERE to see them all!
25% off
and
IF YOU ARE A Kit of the Month Member you get an EXTRA 25% off with your DISCOUNT CODE!


Thanks for sticking with me through this post today. I typically don't put sappy posts up but I was really passionate about sharing my thoughts today!
Thanks for all your sweet birthday wishes on my Facebook page this week! I was so overwhelmed. Now head on over to the beautiful miss Brooke who's creations always inspire me!
Next Blog

15 comments:

Jingle said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!! GORGEOUS page by a beautiful girl!

~amy~ said...

such a great post and layout shemaine! Happy birthday my dear...I have to agree about the power one feels when they are comfortable in themselves...I think it is the power of the 40's...the aha age....preaching to the choir sista as I'll be 45 this summer and I hit the ole aha when I turned 40.

Jennifer Buck said...

So very pretty, Shemaine! Hope you are well! Miss you! :)

Unknown said...

just beautiful!

Gwen said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I feel the same way about creating, it does set us free somehow! Your layout is great and a late happy birthday wish to you!
Amy is right...I'm 48 and life is better than ever! I had back surgery at 38 and turning 39 was awful. I had a huge AHA around 40 and after that its been so good!

StampinCathy said...

Happy Birthday Shemaine! WoW! This is one awesome page.

JPScraps said...

Happy Birthday! Your layout is amazing. And, thanks for sharing.

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Yes . . . when you pass that 40 mark it is amazing how you are finally comfortable in your own skin. I have tried to tell that to young women, but it is something that just has to be experienced. I'm glad you had a great birthday. Love that layout.

jennifer mitten said...

Gorgeous layout and great pep talk!

stampjourney said...

Happy birthday! Beautiful post and layout!

cinfulcrafts.com said...

Happy Birthday! Your layout is just BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy the power and let it take you to places you've only ever dreamed of!

sharon g said...

It is oh so artsy, and I LOVE it! Nice job!!!!!!

Jenn K said...

Beautiful words of inspiration and a lovely layout. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful~

erin said...

This is a beautiful layout, thank you for sharing all that you did. I'm on that self acceptance journey myself at the moment:)

 
site design by designer blogs