What a Scraptastic Day!!!

Friday, June 27, 2008






Friends I have such great news to share, my DH had his oral interview this morning with the Los Angeles City Fire Dept and made it thru to the background check! When he called me I started screaming on the phone. All that planning and memorizing his opening statement and visiting Fire Depts and taking the EMT course at UCLA paid off today. He was so confident and elated when he called to say he's made it and I couldn't help but feeling like the proudest wife in Los Angeles!





We went out to lunch to celebrate with his mom at Islands in Manhatten Beach. It was a nice time with the family and he of course crashed in his power chair (a.k.a. the lazy boy) from mental exhaustion. I am so happy for him, this really is a wonderful acheivement.





I also have been working on some projects for some challenges on a site called Bad Girls (check it out, you'll be addicted like me. http://www.badgirlskits.com/ I am pretty pleased with how they are coming along tho I am not quite ready to reveal my masterpeices yet... I did come across an awesome technique I'd like to share with you all tho. One of the challenges is to take a black and white photo and add a touch of color. Now I can not afford the photoshop program that does that so me being me, I thought outside of the box and with a glue pen and a little sugar coating by doodle bug designs, Voila!!!








I traced the glue pen along the design of her hawaiian print tank top and the barrett in her hair. I think it looks way cool!





Here's a tighter shot so you can see better. Now I just need to create the layout to go with the awsome pic.













This week's card challenge in CMM's was a fun one too. I had won the challenge a few weeks ago and one of the gals sent me a few scraps of beautiful printed cardstock. I took a liking to the green and here is my submission for this week. I stamped the image on vellem paper and then used holographic embossing powder. The paper was double sided so I used the other side and window charms from CTMH to make the center of the flowers. I also added a bit of the velvet in a cream color that was scraps in the left corner and some glittery yellow chipboard and lots of bling baby!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs