Anna Griffin Foil Flourish and Lovely Layers projects

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hello friends. How many of you picked up Anna Griffin's new Foil Flourishes during the HSN 24 hour crafting day last week? I love how easy they are to add to my card designs and how elegant they look! 

Here's a look at some samples I created.

 photo ShemaineFF1.jpg

I love layering Anna's stickers with 3D foam squares from Therm-o-Web. They really make them pop of my card.

 photo ShemaineFF2.jpg

I started with a card base and die cut frame from Anna's Garden Window Card kit and added several of the Foil Flourishes along with some of Anna's beautiful stickers to create this card.

 photo ShemaineFF3.jpg


The corner stickers made putting this card together quick and easy!


 photo ShemaineFF4.jpg


A little of this and a little of that paired with an embossing folder make for a beautiful card.


 photo ShemaineFF5.jpg


I used another card base from one of Anna's card kits and then rounded the corners of the patterned paper. Then I added one of the Totally Tags.

Next I have some inspiration fpr you using the Lovely Layers collection.

Don't be afraid to mix different shaped dies like I did for this Birthday themed card.

 Use a sanding block on your embossed cards to let the core come thru for a nice look.

 photo ShemaineLovelyLayers1.jpg


Sometimes for me a card starts with the ribbon. You know what I mean right?

 photo ShemaineLovelyLayers2.jpg

I cut down one sheet and then layered it over the same print with 3D foam. Then I embellished it with tags and a die cut.
 photo ShemaineLovelyLayers3.jpg

Sometimes I like to stick to one color palette. I love Anna's saddle stitched ribbons.

 photo ShemaineLovelyLayers4.jpg

Again this one was all about the ribbon. It's one of my faves from Anna. I cut away the excess cardbase of the scalloped layer and used 3D foam to pop it off the Perfect Palette. I love yellow and green together. Don't you?
 photo ShemaineLovelyLayers5.jpg

This last one is sooo girly and I love the way it turned out. I took the two contrasting hues of pink and paired them together. I find that the darker color in the background will bring out the lighter shade much better. 
Cut down your cardstock in quarter inches to create nice layers.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be sharing the Birthday stickers and more of the new items later this week.

Have a creative day!

{S}

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

such elegant and gorgeous cards Shemaine!

Kristi said...

These are amazing!♥ Love your work!

Unknown said...

I love your creations with Anna Griffin supplies. They are all beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
site design by designer blogs