My Favorite Things Sketch #236

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hello friends. How's your summer going so far? Here I am, getting my sketch in just in time this fabulous Tuesday morning.

I enjoy creating for My Favorite Thing's weekly Sketch Challenge. It's fun to see what the new sketch will bring. I also enjoy choosing what to use from my collection of MFT products. 

Here's a look at this week's sketch.



Here's my card for this week. I kept this one pretty simple.



Supplies: My Favorite Things Stamps: I love you more, Balloon Strings Background. Dies: Inside & Out Diagonal stitched Rectangle Stax, watercolors, Tim Holtz Water Color Paper.

For my card I used Lesson #6 – Color Theory: Gallon/Quart/Pint from MFT's Summer School Series. I've been making cards a long time but never thought to apply this rule. I'll be honest, I did struggle a bit with choosing which of my colors to be gallon/quart/pint. I think the end result was good. I enjoyed stamping the Balloon Strings background with white ink 

and embossing the image. Then I used watercolors to color the entire image.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

{S}

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Becca Cruger said...

That little sun peeking out of the side of the sentiment is Awwww-dorable!

Nora Noll said...

What an adorable card!! LOVE the sentiment block with the little sun and the fun creative background. Great design!!

 
site design by designer blogs