More Martha and So You Think You Can Dance deets

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Whew we had a blast yesterday at the taping of So You Think You Can Dance! We got down to Hollywood really fast, no traffic if you can believe it! As we were pulling into the parking structure for the Kodak theatre we saw a very long line of people. Heidi jumped right out to get in line while we parked and by the time we made our way to her she was almost to the front. We heard they were only handing out 500 tickets, YIKES! We thought we weren't going to make it but the line kept moving and Ta DA!!!!

It was SO hot in Hollywood and I am so spoiled living on the West side where it's much cooler we decided after we had secured out tickets to have some lunch at CPK. Here's a fun pic of Heidi and I. I love this girl. She makes me laugh so much and has the most upbeat and positive personality of anyone I know. She's not only beautiful on the outside but inside as well. Thanks for your friendship sister!

My glasses kept giving off a glare so I took them off. It's so weird seeing a pic without them I almost feel naked...LOL

We didn't get a ton of pics because followed to rules and went to the car to drop off our cameras and phones before the show...well they didn't check and everyone had phones and cameras. The lady in front of us recorded to entire show on her Blackberry. Oh well...


It was amazing, the dancing was beautiful and the judges were funny. It was such an amazing experience. I hope we can do it again!


Now for something crafty...

I wanted to show a couple cards I made for the Splitcoast challenges this week using some Martha Stewart punches which is this week's feature at Jacksonbelle Embellishments. We have the new Martha Stewart punches in the store! Check them out here


Here's my take on the color challenge, paper is October Afternoon Fruit Stand and stamped images are from Unity Stamp Co.
And my take on the sketch challenge :) Paper is K & Co. with some bling also by K & Co. and Ribbon by Prima. Stamped image is Unity Stamp Co. I also used the Lace Doily border punch by Martha Stewart.

Well that's it for tonight. I'm pretty beat so it's off to sleep for me. See you at the Hip Hop tmr!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh yea I have to have my glasses on too, I dont like how I come out on pix without them.

Toothy said...

I love all your cards, you are soo talented but that wedding card is beautiful, I gasped when I saw it.

Ann said...

How FUN! Looks like you had a great time.

Your cards are fab! Love them both1

nerllybird said...

Gorgeous cards as always, Shemaine! And isn't that just typical about the camera/phone thing - you follow the rules and no-one else does! If it had been me, I would also have got back to my car to find that my camera and phone had been stolen...:O
Glad you enjoyed it tho xxx

 
site design by designer blogs