I'd like to call in sick today...

Monday, October 5, 2009

Being a Stay at home Mom is the toughest job I've had yet. Most working Moms envy SAHM's because we get to be with our kids all day. What people don't realize is we never get a 15 min break, lunch hour, weekend off, vacation or even a sick day...
I've been sick for over a week now and I still get up every morning and do all the things I do everyday for my family. I also babysit a 22 mos old little boy along with my own 2 year old. These kids keep me pretty busy.
I'm not complaining because I love my family and after being a working mom my entire life I cherish the time I now have with my kids. My 12 year old isn't happy about it I'm sure because I know exactly what his homework is for the day even before he walks in the door.
I just wish for one day I could stay right here tucked in my bed and just sleep this cold off. I saw a great challenge on Jeni Boisvert's blog that her and Dena Coe did last week about saying NO. I want to do this challenge because that's how I was feeling last week. I wanted to say No to babysitting, ironing my husband's shirts and packing his lunch, monitoring my son's homework on School Notes, cooking dinner, doing laundry....NO NO NO I can't take care of all your needs, I need to take care of me today.

Hopefully I'll feel up to finshing my layout and then a few of my favorite card challenges today. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Awwww, big hugs!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

laterg8r said...

sucks having no time off when you are sick - wishing you better FAST!!!

kate blue said...

as a SAHM, I feel you...I had the dreaded flu (but not H1N1) 2 weeks ago and I said NO to all my family's demands-crawled in bed with juice and Excedrin PM and guess what? my husband worked from home for 2 days, did stuff for the kids (who knows what they ate) and they didn't die!! I wasn't totally well when I got up days later, but the sleep helped me-you need to do the same....it took me 3 weeks to bounce back and I had tons of stuff piled up, but I needed the rest more. Feel better!!! Try and get some sleep even if you take a "sleep aid" at 5pm-let soembody else hold the fort down till the next am....

kateb
http://kateblue.blogspot.com/

jennruggeri75 said...

I hear ya girl! I hope you are feeling better soon! I have missed you... how have things been going?

Dora said...

I know how you feel, but than without the kids. Wish you alle the best girl!
And that picture is beautiful!

 
site design by designer blogs