Fall is here

Friday, October 17, 2008


One of the things I regret about living in Southern California is that we don't see the leaves change when Fall comes like on the East coast. My parents just moved back to Arkansas and have a few acres now on their property and when I talked to my dad the other day he mentioned that the leaves were starting to turn. I told him take lots of pictures since I am sure I won't be visiting til next year.

I still remember growing up in the central coast we had this beautiful tree in Templeton that would drop TONS of leaves in our front yard. My dad would rake them up just for my brother and sister and I to dive in. The colors were so pretty, burnt orange, green, and yellow. It's amazing the beauty we have all around us in nature but sometimes we get to busy to notice. Don't get me wrong, there is beauty in the city too, it's just different.

These cards were inspired from my friend Janene's Blog http://janenespumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/ She posted a "simple elegance card" the other day on her blog using an embossing folder from Cuttlebug, card stock and ribbon to create a quick but elegant card. I thought I would scrap lift it with my own twist. Thanks Janene!

I used the new cuttlebug embossing folder Autumn Type. For the card on the left I used pencils to color the leaves and the word Autumn. Then I went over the top of each colored item with liquid glass from Close To My heart and used our sassy strands to add a little more color. The card on the right I used ribbon and some Prima leaves and a pumpkin button with waxy flax curled to look like vine.
I'm so excited, i won some blog candy on Nancy's blog, Inkcicles http://inkcicles.blogspot.com/
She's got the cutest card posted today so head on over there and check it out! then head on over to Scrapbook & Cards today for their Freebie Friday http://scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/scrapbook_cards_today_blo/
and finally the Queen of Paper's blog also has a Freebie Friday post! http://queenofpaper.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend and take time to stop and see the beauty of nature around us.

5 comments:

Callie said...

Your cards are beautiful shemaine as always!! Great work!! I love the simplicity to them!!

Denise said...

Love the cards....really pretty!

Michele Kovack said...

These are really lovely! We get plenty of "Fall" here in Chicago! Sometimes I pray for warm sunny weather! LOL!

Kataroo said...

i saw your story on Mellisa Francis' blog today..wow...you are a wonderful friend.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Hey there! LOVE your cards! No fall time here like where you're at but you already know about our snow.

Hugs,
~nance

 
site design by designer blogs