She set a goal for herself

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hello friends! I feel like this week is already slipping by me and we're only on Tuesday. I had a busy weekend of crafting. My classes at Michaels were full and we had tons of fun Saturday afternoon. I love meeting new scrapbookers so eager to learn how they can get started. My Martha Stewart punch around the page class had 6 ladies and they all left happy with their beautiful creations. I really am crazy about Martha's products and can't wait for the new stuff we saw at CHA to roll out.

So I haven't had a chance to share a personal goal that I finally achieved a few months ago. I have wanted to be published for the past two years. I had seen all of my friends and mentor's work gracing the pages of my favorite publications and decided that I really wanted that for myself too. So I started studying Paper Crafts and the types of projects that were making it into each issue until I had an idea of what they were looking for and got crafty. I submitted my work and held my breath. Finally... one day I was very very excited to get some happy mail from Paper Crafts Magazine! This is my first ever pub with them! They picked up a card I create with Unity and Imaginisce paper for Card Creations Vol. 9



My card titled Tropical Love


I used one of my all time favorite stamps from Unity called Hearts of Old 
as well as paper and embellishments from Imaginisce's Garden Party collection and a kraft tag from Maya Road.

Shortly after this publication I started submitting to the Cricut magazine and they started saying YES too! Remember my post about this layout? Well here's a fun birthday banner, card and cupcake holder I made for my son's 13th Birthday last year and submitted. I like to decorate his bedroom door every year now that he's a bit too old for parties.





Both of these magazines photograph the work so beautifully and really make it shine! So those are the pubs I can show you right now. If you want to see more of my cards please take a peek into this issue available now!



I almost fell over when I saw one of my submission's chosen for Paper Crafts Online bonus projects here.
Thanks for celebrating with me today! If you've been thinking about submitting your work for publication I really want to encourage you to do so. It may take some time but only you can make your goals and dreams come true!

That's all I got for today. Have a fabulous day!!


5 comments:

Valentina Fussell said...

Congrats on your publications!! I am not surprised one bit! Your work is amazing!! Hugs from Copenhagen!

Christina said...

Congratulations on achieving your goal of being published! I have no doubt that we'll be seeing more of your beautiful creations in print!

Kris Berc said...

Congrats, you totally deserve it! :)

Angie Blom said...

Oh She.. these are amazing projects.. I am so thrilled that you are getting published.. your work is outstanding and should be in every magazine. Congrats .. now rub some off on me..hehe. btw. love your new blog look.. it looks AMAZING!!xx

Beate said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news. You so deserve it! Your work it beautiful!

 
site design by designer blogs