Sketch 242

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hello friends. I was so excited to order this set with my Gift Certificate for my MFT Summer School win when I returned from vacation in Kauai. Anything I can do to keep my Aloha going is good for my soul. Kauai is my second home and spending a week there with my husband and daughter was amazing.

 So I inked this set right up and am squeezing my take on this week's MFT Weekly Sketch in before the cut off time.

Here's the sketch.


I tried some things I have not tried before with this card. I masked my palm trees and tried to create a sunny background behind them. My blending is a bit spotty but I think I know what to do next time. That's what's so fun about creating artwork, we are all learning as we go. I love using the Queen and Co. Goosebumps for coconuts in my palm trees. Personally I love my cards to have a little sparkle.





























Supplies: My Favorite Things Stamps (Polynesian Paradise) (Penguins in Paradise) (Wave Background) Dies: Zig Zag Stitched Oval
Adhesive: Therm-O-Web Sticky Strip Runner3D Foam Squares Combo pack.

If you'd like to create a card for MFT's weekly sketch, click here to find out how to get in on the fun!

Have a creative day!

{S}

5 comments:

Vika (БандиткА) said...

Nice card!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fantastic card, Shemaine! Gorgeous coloring as well.

Susan R. Opel said...

You had me at sparkly coconuts! :) Love this, Shemaine!

Jill said...

Big fan of Kauai! And your card here! too fun! Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

Susan R. Opel said...

You've been spotted!

http://www.cardchallenges.com/2015/09/youve-been-spotted-september-1-2015.html?m=1

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

 
site design by designer blogs